Understanding the End Tag
Essential source of information
End Tags attached on ProWood® lumber are an essential source of information for any professional builder or DIYer.
1. Description of use:
This label specifies if the product is being treated per ESR or AWPA (American Wood Protection Association) standards and is compliant with model building code requirements.
2. Warranty statement:ProWood offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty for Ground Contact and Above-Ground lumber as long as you own it.
3. ‘Double-Box’ symbol:Required for building code compliance; indicates the AWPA standard and the third-party inspection agency.
4. Code for standard:MCA-treated decking, lumber, and timber meet AWPA (American Wood Protection Association) standards at UFP-affiliated treating plants. AWPA is the wood-treating industry’s consensus-based, standard-setting body with industry experts, researchers, educators, users, and producers. AWPA specifies the level of MCA treatment according to specific categories and end uses.
5. Code for use/exposure categoryThe code represents the building category for structural use.
6. Preservative systemThis states the chemical used to treat the wood.
7. Product Care
This section provides specific details on safe handling, fastener and warranty information, and resources to learn more.
Need technical information about our treatment process, products or warranty? Refer to the tabbed sections below for additional information.