Essential source of information
End Tags attached on ProWood® lumber are an essential source of information for any professional builder or DIYer.
1. Description of use:
ProWood's end tag shows which products are treated in accordance with ESR or AWPA (American Wood Protection Association) standards and is in compliance with model building code requirements.
2. Warranty statement:Lifetime Limited Warranty for as long as you own it.
3. ‘Double-Box’ symbol:Required for building code compliance; indicates both the AWPA standard and the third party inspection agency.
4. Code for standard:MCA treated decking, lumber and timber is being treated to AWPA (American Wood Protection Association) standards for that purpose at UFP affiliated treating plants. AWPA is the wood treating industry’s consensus-based, standard-setting body made up of industry experts, researchers, educators, users, and producers. AWPA specifies what may be treated with MCA to specific levels in specific use categories for specific end uses.
5. Code for use/exposure category
6. Preservative system
7. Details on where to find the safe handling, fastener and warranty information
Need technical information about our treatment process, products or warranty? Refer to the tabbed sections below for additional information.