Prepping for Your 4th of July Party
Posted 21 June 2016 7:28 PM by Rena Brenner
It's never too late to display your patriotism - especially out on your deck. Whether you’ve been planning all month long or decided to throw a last-minute barbeque, we have fun DIY projects and recipes to kick your 4th of July celebrations up a notch.
- Drape red, white and blue fabric from deck posts
- Hang flags or streamers from railings
- Use string lights to illuminate the night
- Paint mason jars red, white and blue to create patriotic candle holders
- Paint scrap pieces of wood to look like firecrackers and use them as decorations
- Paint planting pots in red, white and blue patterns, then use for condiments, silverware and napkin holders
- Make paper links and hang them between balusters/spindles of deck or porch
- Dip ice cream sandwiches into red, white and blue sprinkles
- Create red, white and blue rice crispy treats by adding food coloring
- Add red and blue M&Ms to popcorn for a patriotic salty and sweet treat
Check out the ProWood® 4th of July Celebrations! Pinterest board for more details and inspiration. Enjoy the holiday!